First of all, apologies for my rather dramatic slowdown in posts. We just launched a new business and that has taken a lot of my time lately.
Today is Diwali. The Hindu festival of lights. In India though, it is everybody’s festival, a little like Christmas in the US. Diwali is said to mark new beginnings. To celebrate that, I am posting a new recipe. A new recipe for a new beginning.
This recipe is not original. Having got weary of the cooking the same regular set of staples, a few weeks back, the wife and I decided to sign up for a service called “Green Chef“. This is a food delivery service where you get the ingredients for three recipes a week delivered to you. They are pre-measured, and come with the recipe associated with them. You do have to cook and assemble but it is usually a 30 minute job. The best part is that they send you recipes and combinations that you otherwise would not think of or make. Even though it is a bit of hit-or-miss (about 60% of the recipes have been good so far), it does offer variety. We are sold and have signed up for a delivery every other week.
This recipe came a few weeks back and we loved it. Since the ingredients came pre-measured, I recreated it to the best of my abilities and it works pretty well. Since I was winging it, the quantities are approximate.
INGREDIENTS (for 4)
2 Naans (you can buy them at a grocery store)
Veggies for Grilling – Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots, Red Onion, Cherry Tomatoes, Zucchini – chopped into bite sized pieces
Minced herbs – I used Basil and Rosemary
Salt and Pepper
- Rub Olive Oil and Garlic on Naans and toast them till they just start to brown – about 2 mins. Set aside.
- Toss the veggies with some Olive Oil and salt and pepper and grill them.
- Toss the grilled veggies with herbs.
- Spoon the grilled veggies on top of the Naans and broil/grill them in the oven – about 2-3 mins (if high heat).
- Whisk some Greek Yogurt with Lemon juice (to taste).
- Top the veggies with yogurt and Sumac and serve with a salad (I served it with a Cranberry Kale Salad)