The last time I used quinoa was for the Cheesy Quinoa Pancakes (see here). I over-estimated the quantity of quinoa and so there was plenty left over. My wife loves the stuff and so the next day, she decided to make a salad using quinoa. She got creative and winged it. The salad was fabulous. It turned out so well as a matter of fact, she made it again and asked me to post this recipe.
All of you who are worried about the time cooking takes should take note of this recipe. It is quick, healthy and tasty. Since we didn’t really measure the ingredients, this is more to give you a general idea of the way to go.
1. Cook the quinoa according to directions. You can cook it in stock for more flavor. Let it cool.
2. Chop up a handful of almonds into slivers and toast them. Set aside.
3. Chop up some tomatoes and cucumbers (avocado optional). Put in the quinoa.
4. Chop up some mint. This goes into the quinoa as well.
5. Cook some frozen corn and toss it in the quinoa.
6. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste in the quinoa and toss the salad.
7. Top with toasted almonds and eat fresh.